Manual & Automatic PCB Assembly
PCB assembly is the final stage of fabricating your design into a usable product before it enters the testing phase. Since our niche business is rapid prototyping, we can offer a fully-populated PCB in less than one week. We have automatic placement machines "chip shooters" that shoot 2,000 parts per minute, and we also have IPC certified assemblers that can populate your boards by hand.
µRMF is capable of two types of printed circuit board assembly services: Full turn-key and Partial turn-key. Our full turn-key services cover all aspects of PCB fabrication and assembly, including manufacture of PCBs, parts procurement, tracking of online orders, quality inspections, and final PCB assembly. Our partial turn-key services allow our customers to supply the PCBs as well as partial or full list of parts. We will order the remaining parts and perform the assembly according to the customer's requirements.
Assembly Service Capabilities
Component Types• THD (Thru-Hole Device)
• SMT (Surface-Mount Technology)
• SMT and THD mixed assembly
• 2 sided SMT and THD assembly
Supported Parts• Passive parts, smallest size 0201
• Fine pitch to 8 mils
• BGA, uBGA, QFN, QFP, PoP, SOIC, PLCC, Leadless
• Connectors, terminals, and wire harness
Types of PCBs• Rigid FR-4
• Rigid - Flex boards
Assembly Process Types• Leaded process
• Lead-Free process
Quantities• Prototype (1-500 pieces)
• Small Volume Production (up to 1,200 pieces)
• Medium Volume Production (up to 10,000 pieces)
File Formats of PCB Design• Gerber RS-274x
• Bill of Materials (.xls, .csv, xlsx)
• Centroid data file (Pick-N-Place/XY file)
Component Packaging• Reels (Digi-Reel, etc.)
• Cut Tape
• Loose parts or bulk
• Tube and Tray
Shape of PCBs• Rectangular
• Complex and Irregular
• Slots and Cut Outs
Electrical Testing• X-Ray Inspection
• Automated Optical Inspection
• Basic Quality Inspection (visual checks)
• ICT (In-Circuit)/Functional Testing
Dimensions• Smallest: 0.2" x 0.2"
• Largest: 30.0" x 44.0"
Inquiries and Quotes
To obtain a quotation on PCB assembly, send us your Bill of Materials (BOM), Gerber files, and prototype or production quantities to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your quotation in as little as 24 hours!